Powering a Smarter and Greener Tomorrow
We are entering an exciting era of smart use of energy. Everyone of us can play a part – big or small – in combating climate change. Sign up for our renewable energy schemes today and build a sustainable future together.
What is Renewable Energy Feed-in Tariff?
To watch the full version about Renewable Schemes, please clickhere.
Easy access to renewable energy
You can take part in the scheme by installing a solar and/or wind power renewable energy system on your premises. Once the system is successfully connected to the CLP grid, you can earn FiT payments.
CLP will buy the electricity generated by your renewable energy system at a FiT rate and the amount will be reflected in your regular electricity bills.
Three types of FiT rates will be offered according to the generation capacity of your renewable energy system:
^ The rates listed above are effective from 1 October 2018 onwards and will be reviewed regularly.
You can take part in this scheme if:
- You are a registered CLP account holder (not applicable to government bodies)
- Your renewable energy system is powered by solar and/or wind and is located on your premises with a total generation capacity of up to 1MW
- Your renewable energy system can be connected to the CLP network without any increase in capacity or network reinforcement work by CLP
Application Process: We Make the Process Simple
You are reminded to ensure the design, installation, operation and maintenance of your renewable energy system comply with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, safety and technical requirements.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of Business Registration Certificate (for body corporates)
- Technical Documents
Please download the application form below
How To Fill In?
Please refer to theApplication Form Guidelines and the tutorial below:
You or your assigned contractor/engineering contact should read through all of the below guidelines to ensure your systems meets all the requirements in order to facilitate a smooth and successful application.
- Technical Design Notes for Grid Connection of Small Renewable Energy Systems
(This document outlines the design requirements and considerations for inverter-based RE Systems with generation capacity of up to 1MW and non-inverter-based RE Systems with generation capacity of up to 200kW.)
- Grid Connection Requirements (This document sets out the general technical requirements for the parallel connection of the customer’s RE Systems connecting to the CLP’s 11kV or 380V system.)
- Feed-in Tariff Scheme Standard Metering Requirements
(This document sets out the requirements for the location, accommodation and operation of FiT Meters and electricity revenue meters for the purposes of the FiT Scheme.)
- Operation Procedure Template (for Renewable Energy Systems) A template with examples of what to include in the operation procedures to be submitted.
- Testing and Commissioning Template (for Renewable Energy Systems) A template with examples of what to include in the testing and commissioning report to be submitted.
To apply, simply download the application form here or through CLP App and submit the completed form:
by Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
by Fax : 2678 6368
by Post：Intergrated Service Team, 13/F, Shatin Centre, 6 On Lai Street, Shatin, N.T., HK;
In Person:Any CLP Customer Service Centre(office hours & address)
Monitor your Renewable Energy System Smartly
From 1 October 2018 onwards, you can monitor your system on the CLP website or App to view the amount of electricity generated hourly.
For details, please contact us by the following channels:
Tel: 2678 0322
Through your Account Manager if you are our Large Power Tariff or Bulk Tariff Customers
And you may submit enquiry eForm below:
For more information on renewable energy systems including a list of equipment suppliers, please contact the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department
Frequently Asked Questions about Renewable Energy Feed-in Tariff
If you have further questions, please clickhereto check out the answers.
To download the PDF file of the Feed-in Tariff (FiT) Scheme leaflet, please clickhere
For customers who are keen on installing small renewable energy systems but not register for the Renewable Energy Feed-in Tariff Scheme or electricity generated by renewable sources other than solar / wind, you can still connect the system to CLP grid. Please clickherefor details.